Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Black Powder

I'll admit, I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. I ran out of 2F just before Hopkinton, and switched brands (the one shop in RI no longer carried Schuetzen) I expected a little change in point of aim, but as luck would have it I ended up 7 inches higher at 50 yards. Struggled through the weekend with an awful, hard to replicate sight picture at 50 with the carbine. I have been making plans to put a higher front sight on and sight in the carbine again, when something Tom said finally sunk in. I can just buy more Schuetzen in Winchester and leave the carbine alone. This solution is so simple, but flies in the face of my constant tinkering.

1 comment:

  1. a wise man once said "it is good to know thyself," oh constant tinkerer.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete