Monday, January 24, 2011

Carbines sent off for work

Sent 1859 Sharps off today to Charlie Hahn to have the breech block made solid, chamber sleeve o-ring modification, chamber set up for using cardboard tubes, and taller front sight. Also sent Smith carbine off to Robert Hoyt for a reline, and standardize it to shoot .515. While waiting, I need to glassbed the 1863 Type II and make a couple minor adjustments to a couple of locks. If all goes according to plan, I'll spend March casting bullets for the season, and April sighting in 3 muskets and 2 carbines.

1 comment:

  1. you are one busy little skirmisher!! good luck with all of it. If it ever warms up here, I'll get back into the shed to start casting as well. Right now I've been shooting sporter rifle at our club, trying to adjust to my bifocal contact lenses. We'll see if that helps with the iron sights, so far it's encouraging.

    Jim T.

    ReplyDelete